SiteGround vs BlueHost exclusive latest comparison. What is the expert’s choice in 2020 & why? Find out the best Webhosting Siteground or Bluehost for your website.
Are you confused with SiteGround and Bluehost? And looking for which is better? If you are reading this, then I am assuming that your answer is yes.
OK! Don’t worry, just go through the article, and you can easily decide that SiteGround or BlueHost?
Yes, Bluehost and SiteGround are both excellent. But as a comparatively SiteGround is a better alternative than BlueHost concerning speed, uptime, Quick Support, and more advanced options.
But also the basis of Price is that Bluehost is more affordable than SiteGround. At a reasonable and low cost, You can go for BlueHost as a proper hosting.
SiteGround VS BlueHost Comparison
- SiteGround Speed VS Bluehost
- Security – Which Is More Safe and Secure?
- SiteGround VS BlueHost For WooCommarce
- Who Is More Customer Supportive – SiteGround or Bluehost.
- SiteGround and BlueHost Web Hosting Review
- SiteGround VS BlueHost Load Time
- SiteGround VS BlueHost Pricing
- Which Is Easy To Use For Beginner – SiteGround or Bluehost?
- Migration Process – Free or Paid Extra?
- Bluehost VS SiteGround Reviews
- Extra Exclusive Feature of SiteGround And BlueHost
- The Popularity Of Both WebHosting.
- Server Locations
- Daily Backup
- Final Summary -Conclusion.
At A Glance – Bluehost vs Siteground in 2021
Rating System – Great -Good – Medium – Not satisfied.
|Migration Charge||free special SiteGround Migrator Plugin||Free but|
|Exclusive Features||Amazing Features.Own-Unique Plugins.SG SuperCatcherStaging Tool||Some|
|Popularity||Low than Bluehost||Popular|
|Free DailyBackup||Great||Not Satisfied|
|Free Domain for 1 year||No||Yes, You get a free domain with hosting plans.|
|Final Summarise||Best with medium-high Price||OK with the medium-low price.|
|Overall Remarks||9.5 ⭐||6⭐|
1. SiteGround Speed VS BlueHost
You know that today page speed is the most important SEO factor. And also, users prefer those pages who load fast. If your page is slow, then it is too challenging to rank your site. So always be alert of your page speed.
Both hosting providers are useful as the basis of the speed tests. But SiteGround has more speed than BlueHost.The average rate of Bluehost is 2.60 secs, but the Siteground provides speed within 1.5 secs.
Both are better, but in the comparison of speed, SiteGround may beat Bluehost with the same page.
2. Security – Which Is More Safe and Secure?
Now the question is, Which is safer and secure SiteGround or BlueHost? Let’s check
SiteGround Security Features
- InBuilt Software
- SiteGround Develops the Anti-Bot system, which prevents malicious traffic.
- The unique monitoring system of SiteGround checks the status of the server every half seconds (0.5secs)
- SiteGround also uses Artificial Intelligence to save your site from malicious traffics.
- According to the data(source: SiteGround Technology), their AI systems block between 500,000 and 2 million brute-force attempts per day and stop malicious traffic before reaching customers’ websites.
- ThirdParty Software – Cloudflare
- Cloudflare protects the customer’s site from DDoS attacks.
- They also prevent spam attacks
- Password protection -Two factors authentication
- Cloudflare also provides excellent Security and speed up your site
- Some times you need to add on for more features with extra charges.
Conclusion – Both Hosting are alert about their Security of the customer’s site. But SiteGround is also best comparatively because they use inbuilt software and the latest technology.
3. SiteGround vs Bluehost For WooCommerce
Now a separate hosting is given to set up an e-commerce store. BlueHost and SiteGround both give their customers a specialized E-commerce site.
- SiteGround provides Specialised woo-commerce hosting plans. Customers can quickly build their e-commerce store with the woo-commerce plugin with Siteground’s other features in the specific Woo-commerce projects.
- You can also get secure WooCommerce transfers. And it’s free of cost with specialized WooCommerce hosting plans of Siteground.
- There is no special price or charge for Woocommerce hosting plans, but it is dedicated to making a functional E-commerce store.
- BlueHost also offers e-commerce hosting plans. Here you can automatically build an e-commerce site using the Woocommerce plugin.
- You get one free domain for one year with these plans
- Safe & Secure online payments
- Though their charges for various hosting plans are different. In that case, the prices are approximately the same for the e-commerce store compared to Siteground.
Remarks – Both hosting provider’s prices are the same(approximately). But BlueHost gives a one-year free domain. But for SiteGround other features like Security, speed I prefer more for SiteGround in that case as both are approximately the same.
4. Who Is More Customer Supportive – SiteGround or Bluehost.
Customer Support is another point for us. It describes how the company is dedicated to solving its customer’s problems.
SiteGround and Bluehost provide fast and reliable customer support, but Siteground is quicker to solve their problems.
- They are always fast and helpful (24*7available) to support us. Their supporting system is channelized into many parts.
- Instant Self Help – Smart AI ChatBot
- Instant Chat Help
- HelpDesk Tickets
- They also provide Phone Support
When I was facing problems with CSS issues on my website, money-back helped prices diagnose and fix my site’s problem through amazing instant chat support on April 24. See the below images of their support.
- BlueHost also has a good chat support team. They offer Chat Support, and also they provide you phone support to call anytime between 10 am to 10 pm.
But the response of the Siteground support team is much quicker than BlueHost supporting the team. SiteGround also is the winner of the STEVIE Award Winners For Best Customer Support 2020.
Remarks – SiteGround is a better response than BlueHost comparatively.
5. SiteGround VS BlueHost Web Hosting Review
SiteGround has excellent web hosting reviews. In their official site, they show their reviews. Day by day their customer satisfaction is increasing, and it is now up to 99.7% happiness rate (according to their data)
Their fantastic support, uptime, speed, Security makes customers feel good.
BlueHost review is a mixed review. But their popularity is declined some more for 3years. I can’t find the data of reports by real customers in BlueHost official sites. But whateverSiteGround gives more satisfaction to their customer comparatively any other web hostings.
6. SiteGround VS BlueHost Pricing
Pricing is a personal point of view. But if you are conscious about your site, then don’t go for cheap hosting. If you pay a bit extra, you get more features with Security and spend less; you get fewer features.
Generally, SiteGround’s price is a bit higher. Their shared hosting plans :
- StartUp: In the start-up plans, you can get hosting for one website and 10000 visits monthly and many more with a money-back guarantee of 30days. Price -$19.99monthly*(renewal)
- GrowBig: You get Unlimited websites with SSL and 25K visitors monthly and speed-boosting caching and many more features at $29.99/mo* (renewal)
- GoGeek: Hosting gives you unlimited websites with 40 GB web space and one lakhs visitors monthly.
Price is $14.99 for the first month then the price becomes $49.99 per month*. [*all are exclam experts]
And the price of BlueHost shared hosting is-
- Basic – In this plan, you get one website and some more features like free SSL, 50 GB SSD storage, etc. Price is cheaper than Siteground hosting plans, but also you get fewer features. The price is $7.99 ( renewal price)
- Plus – In these plans, you get unlimited websites and unlimited SSD storage, free SSL for all the websites, Spam Experts, and 1 Microsoft 365 mailbox – free 30days.
- Choices Plans: It is recommended plans by BlueHost. In this plan, you get extra domain privacy + protection and site backup code guard basic. Price – $14.99/month
- Pro: It is the highest plan for BlueHost Shared hosting plans. You get all the features of the above plans and get dedicated IP and high performance, 2spam spam experts. Price – $23.99(renewal price)
Conclusion – The truth SiteGround price is higher than Bluehost. So pricing matters BlueHost is the winner. But here are some things beyond low and high prices.
Let’s be honest about what offers the Siteground and what features give us that are balanced. The choice is yours what you choose, but the fact is Siteground prices are high similarly, their service is also more satisfying.
7. Which Is Easy To Use For Beginner – SiteGround or Bluehost?
- Here is the question of beginning friendliness. As a beginner, when you start here, you can get domain registration free for one year with the BlueHost plan, but you can’t get a domain free with the Siteground.
But though Siteground does not offer free domain, they provide privacy protection, domain transfer
weather Bluehost gives domain privacy with only the Choice Plan($14.99) and Pro plans.
- If any problems, SiteGround and BlueHost both provide support teams to fix your problems.
Remarks- Both are goods and have easy to use the system. But if you pick up a winner, then I think Siteground is more straightforward.
8. Migration Process – Free or Paid Extra?
It is puzzling when you want to migrate your site from one to another host, especially for beginners.
That’s why Siteground creates an easy process to migrate your site for free of cost with their hosting plans.
SiteGround Migrator Plugin
There are no issues with moving the site absolutely to their web hosting. It is super and straightforward to get. I have additionally checked what they said. What’s more, indeed, it is so natural to move your site to the Siteground.
To begin with, you have to present a migrator module on the site you have to move. A short time later, you get a token from your SiteGround Site Tools. At that point, put the symbolic keys in that module. The Migrator will relocate the entirety of your substance safely. That is why I switch to SiteGround Web Hosting.
For a superior understanding, here is the screen capture of the migrator module. Furthermore, the best is that it is free with Siteground hosting plans.
It is disappointing that Bluehost costs extra charges to migrate a website to another hosting. And also, I think it is so high – For $149.99, you can migrate up to five sites.
Winner – SiteGround. Customers get free migration with hosting plans using an easy to use migrator plugin.
9. Extra Exclusive Feature of SiteGround.
Some exclusive features that you can get from SiteGround and BlueHost.
SG Super Catcher
It is an incredible catcher plugin for quicken site speed 4X quicker than ordinary sites. What’s more, it is accessible to all the clients, and they give three catching alternatives with hosting plans.
I have likewise seen it. Presently I am not utilizing any CDN administration or any storing module, even the speed of my site is incredible.
Indeed, your guess is correct. I am utilizing the SG Super catcher. In the beneath, check the picture of the seed of my webpage using website ground web facilitating in the Gtmetrix test. That implies my speed is quicker because of the hosting like SiteGround.
SiteGround Staging Tool
It is also a suitable apparatus that lets you make and see changes to the site without losing its past forms. It is the tool to review new formats, structures, and new codes. It permits you to make a backup copy of the site in a different spot with only a click. With the help of the tool, I have tried my site’s look on various occasions with no concern about losing information.
10. Multiple server locations
Siteground has multiple server locations but where BlueHost has only a server location.
Siteground offers an advanced green-accommodation framework to help their clients.
Siteground gives you different server areas. You can also choose your location from one of them as indicated by understanding most of your visitors’ country on the site.
The entirety of the information servers of Siteground facilitating offers high accessibility, low inertness, and dependability, and all the information systems are green cordial. Siteground has a CDN connection with 194 areas universally.
Like me, most of my users are from the United States. That is the reason I pick the server area according to my audience. That assists in improving my site.
11. The Popularity Of Both WebHosting.
Here is the interest rate day by day of these two web hosting companies. Google trends data shows that Bluehost is more popular than Siteground hostings globally. The given data is the period for five years.
But it gives an idea. Bluehost has an average of 77 where SiteGround has 29. (average is for 5years)
The popularity of both companies has passed away through ups and downs. Bluehost is more prevalent in the world. But also one point – popularity does not indicate which is better. It just gives an idea.
Remarks – In this case, Bluehost beat the Siteground basis of popularity.
12. Daily Backup- Paid Extra or Free?
It is an essential point when you are going to choose a web hosting for your site.
SiteGround offers its customers daily backup free with their hosting plans. There is no requirement to pay any additional fees or hidden fees for backup when using the SiteGround web host.
The backup of the website is essential as your site may be hacked unconsciously, or all the information was unknowingly deleted. So daily backup can able to save all of the data even if it is cut or lost.
When you need to restore any files, click on the backup tool icon in your cPanel and create a backup file for your site for safety.
Under the backup manager section, you find the backup tool icon in your cPanel.To restore, click on that icon.
BlueHost Daily Backup
The approach of Bluehost is not so refreshing. Bluehost uses third-party code guard tools for backup, and they just offer an add-on (at $3 extra a month) for the two lower plans – and this daily backup is included with the higher plans. They even appear to have eliminated the cPanel characteristic to create backups manually, that’s unacceptable for me.
Remarks – Here truly, I dislike Bluehost’s mindset; it feels like they are attempting to blackmail you, so you purchase their (expensive) backup service rather than free. (Disclaimer -I am not responsible for any things this is just sharing my thoughts thorough facts on my point of view- again I say both are good Webhosting)
Read the backup policy of Bluehost.
Clear All Of Your Doubts At a Glance – SiteGround – BlueHost
It is my promise to clear all of your doubts about Bluehost and the Siteground. SO check all of the points to clarify your minds better to make a proper decision about your hosting.
Q1 –Is SiteGround any good?
Yes, Siteground has many useful features that you get free of cost with their hosting plans like FREE SSL, FREE Daily BackUp, Multiple Server Locations, FREE Migrations, etc.
Q2 –Is SiteGround or Bluehost cheaper?
The answer is simple. Bluehost is cheaper than SIteground. The price of entry plans starts at $7.99 monthly (regular), where Siteground entry plans start at $19.99(excl. 10%GST). So Bluehost is cheap and more affordable.
Q3 –How do you move your site from Bluehost to SiteGround?
Siteground provides free migration to migrate any host to their hosting. So don’t worry about switching. After purchasing any web host plans of Siteground, you use Siteground Migrator Plugin. And their team supports you in migrating your site free of cost. You can also check Why I am switched to Siteground?
Q4 –Do SiteGround and Bluehost Give Free Trial For Their Customers?
SiteGround does not offer a free trial, but they have a money-back guarantee within 30 days. So after purchasing you have some issues or problems, you can claim money back, and it is risk-free.
The same is for Bluehost. Currently, free trial plans are not available. But they also give 30days money-back guarantee if you have any problems you can claim it.
Q5 –What Does SiteGround do to Make a Fast Customer’s Website?
Siteground has an in-build catcher plugin, which improves site speed. They have more than one server locations so you can choose according to your audience overviews. They also use quick protocol on their server, which speeds up your site even when you have poor internet.
Q6 –What Type of Payment Methods SiteGround & BlueHost Accept?
SiteGround accepts various payment methods when you are going to purchase their plans.
-> Via -Master Card,
-> Via – Visa,
-> Via – American Express.
Paypal methods – though it is not in their payment method, you can use it. To use simply contact their sales departments through live chat options. For more, go through the article.
Bluehost also has many payment options available-
-> Credit Card
-> Check (money order)[ must be in US funds and hosting terms for 12 months or longer]
-> American Express
-> Master Cards
Q7 –How Long Does The Account Activation Take for SiteGround?
SiteGround takes not more time. They usually activate immediately or within some minutes. They officially said that for shared server: Immediately – cloud server: up to a minute.
Q8 –How Does SiteGround Save Your Website from Hackers?
Siteground uses in-built software and uses the anti-bot systems to protect malicious traffic.WordPress is automatically updated.
And also, they check real-time servers & have a 24/7 support team to support you.
Even though good Security also makes sure that you backup daily to daily using daily backup free.
Q9 –Are Siteground and Bluehost Servers PCI Compliant?
The full form of PCI is the Payment Card Industry. The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is a safety initiative created to provide provider carriers and retailers a unified strategy toward safeguarding savings cardholder statistics for all sorts of deposit cards, stopping savings card fraud, cracking, and a variety of different safety threats and vulnerabilities.
Q10 –Which One Is The Best Web Hosting To Get Better Results in google?
The answer is there is no hosting that can fulfil this wish. If you use good Web Hosting, you get SSL, a Good Speedy site that improves your website and boosts your ranks in google.
This question is inappropriate because there is no individual hosting, which increases your positions.
I have also checked some low hosting sites top in SERP ( search engine result page) and even some good hosting like BlueHost, Siteground, Hostinger sites struggling to rank in google, Hope you get answers.
Q11 –Which SiteGround Plan is Best For You?
If you want to set up your site using WordPress, you can go for WordPress shared hosting. There are three levels for choosing the best plan.
-> If you have the aim to set up an e-commerce store, then select the specific WooCommerce plans of Siteground.
-> If you are new and have only one website, then go for StartUp plans.
-> If you have multiple sites, it is best to buy GrowBig plans where you get a lot of features and manage 25000 visitors monthly.
-> If you are an expert and you have a good number of traffics on your websites, then definitely go for GoGeek Plans.
When your site has impressive traffic, then absolutely choose cloud hosting.
Q12 –Which Bluehost Plan is Best?
If you want to go with Bluehost, I recommend that the Basic plan for one website and Plus plans for unlimited sites. And if you think about choice plans for $14.99 ( after the first month), then I recommend you think before you act. Basic and the Plus plans are best for BlueHost hostings.
Q13 –Why does Everyone Promote Bluehost?
I can’t give any comments on these points. But don’t listen to what others say without any proven facts. So just be aware.
It is the truth that BlueHost and SiteGround are both excellent. Sometimes Siteground is better on some points; similarly, it is the same for Bluehost.
Q14 –What do People have Against Bluehost?
This question is also baseless. You need to check the facts and features of their plans. Bluehost is much cheaper than SiteGround.
So if you can afford Siteground plans then definitely you can go for it. But if your budget is low, then Bluehost is right for you. The best thing about Bluehost is you get a free domain for one year.
Q15 –Are Monthly Charges Available in SiteGround Plans?
SiteGround provides monthly payments for those who are going to buy only cloud hosting services, where the minimum price is $80 monthly.
Q16 –Is SiteGround or Bluehost Faster?
Siteground is more speedy and has a 2X fast website than Bluehost web hosting. They provide multiple server locations and use google cloud platforms. So the speed of SiteGround is better than Bluehost.
Q17 –Which One Is Better for WooCommerce Sites?
Siteground and Bluehost are both set up specialized plans for e-commerce. Both plans are good, check what is budget-friendly for you. One thing you get free migration, other features with Siteground hosting plans what I have covered already in above.
Q18 –Is Bluehost The Best?
I can’t say that it is best, but BlueHost web hosting is good compared to others.
Final Conclusion – Summarise
I hope you get all the points that I exactly want you to say. Now, Siteground web hosts have become one of the best web hosting companies in this hosting industry. So that’s why I switched to the Siteground web host.
I will explain all things why I decided to move the SiteGround. Bluehost is more budget-friendly than Siteground.